Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh my goodness where did my night go!?

Okay, it's insanely late and I need to get to bed before we get up for opening performance!

Set the scene ... It's 2.53am! I need to be awake at 8am!

I'll go backwards from here ... Last night was our last dress rehearsal which went smoothly on stage whilst we ironed out some technical issues. I'm glad to say we're at the stage where what is needed now is an audience to inject that necessary vibe to take the show to the next level.

We've had videographers and photographers everywhere the last couple of nights so we are being well documented.

The night before was clunky as most technical rehearsals are: juggling lighting states that don't quite fit, and cd players that are funky in their use, and actors needing to get used to new lights and new surrounds. I was at the theatre from 9am till 10.30pm ... cocooned in a bizarre womb of creativity and frustration. I'm a little disappointed that some of the techie stuff from the venue seems to have been left till the last minute and there's a feeling that we haven't had the fullest of support from the venue ... but, being late at night, I'm tempted to say plplplplplplplplpl! :-P

We've done some very interesting publicity for the show over the last week or so and we've impressed everywhere we went ... I hope a few 'beautiful' people come to the show because I reckon they'll be blown away by the quality of it and the cast and crew deserve as much kudos and applause as an appreciative audience and director can heap on them because they deserve it. 

So ... to opening show! The tradition in the theatre is to say 'break a leg' or 'chookas' as there's a superstition about good luck. I don't say either of these, one because I broke my leg during the run of a show I was doing (not on stage) and when I got back it became the joke of the theatre to say ... you guessed it - 'break a leg' ad infinitum till I could burst! The other reason is that my Mum gave me the funnniest interpretation of 'chookas' when she misheard it and wished me 'chookies'! I love chooks and I can't go past this humourous take on the theatre tradition. 

So, till next eve I wish everyone a hale and hearty Chookies!!!

Signing off at 3.15am .... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! and yes, it really did look awesome!

and wow... I cannot believe that you were at the theatre for that long! I would have gone nuts!

but I guess, you have to be a little nuts to do things like this (~_O)

♥ Emma